Friday, March 9, 2012

16 year old male, worried about diet and fitness?

Ok, so I'm kind of worried about my diet really.



I am 5ft 4, and weigh around 115lbs

I've had an eating disorder that I recovered/ still am recovering from only recently.



Every day I run, about 6 miles on average I reckon, and do a 5 mile cycle.

This on top of daily activity (i.e going to town, walking about the house, calling for friends, etc)



Do you think this is enough?



Should I be worried about what I am eating?

I always get the impression that after I eat a meal I should get some form of excercise, is that wrong of me to think?

Should I have a more overall view of my week and what I'm doing over a longer period of time?



I'm just quite confused, and annoyed worrying about my diet and activity levels so much.

Sometimes I worry if I am eating too much, and not getting enough excercise, or vice versa - eating too little and doing too much.16 year old male, worried about diet and fitness?
At 16, you shouldn't have to alocate any worries to the preservation of your physical appearances. At 5'4 with a weight of 115 pounds, you probably have a relatively quick metabolism that wouldn't permit you to gain much weight - even if you exclusively devoured junk food and completely neglected exercise. But all the same, walking and running will burn off the calories, but you don't want to burn off more than you're consuming, so toning down on the cardio aerobic exercise a tad might be more healthy for your body. Personally, I work on cardio only three days a week, and invest all of my other workouts in weight lifting. This prevents me from burning off nutrients that could otherwise become muscle. Instead of running after every meal, try doing push ups, crunches, sit ups, or leg lifts. This will strengthen other parts of your body, as well as give you tone and definition.16 year old male, worried about diet and fitness?
b happy............have ur breakfast,lunch,dinner at time.............do exercise.............b tension free..........rest will b ok dear16 year old male, worried about diet and fitness?
6 miles and cycle 5 everyday??? That is a good effort. Basically if you want to be fit your meant to rune 3-4 times a week and do weights, strength sessions 2-3 times week. So you are doing plenty, but throw in some chin-ups, push-ups etc.



You don't have to exercise after every meal, that view is a bit warped. So be happy with yourself, you could even cut back how much exercise you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment