Friday, March 9, 2012

Balanced diet amounts?

This may be a stupd question, but here goes:



I am trying to take my diet in hand a bit, and have been looking at books/websites to find out what I should be eating and in what proportions. However, the overall daily intake of food is usually quoted in calories, whilst the RDAs of various things like fat, protein etc. is given in grammes. Now for an average man, daily calorie intake should be about 2500 calories. However, I am a small chap, and I reckon about 1600-2000 is right for me. Should I reduce the RDA gramme amounts of the food groups in proportion to get my balanced intake, or are these totally independent from total calories?Balanced diet amounts?
Calories and grams are interlinked. For example, 1 gram of protein = 4 cals, 1 g of carbs = 4 cals, and 1 g of fat = 7 cals. So, it's impossible for the grams to be independent from total calories.



What you can do, is keep the ratio as healthy as possible by consuming 40% carb, 40% protein and 30% fat (healthy fat, that is) diet.



Remember that RDAs are just that - recommendations. Remember that moderation is key! What the RDA values are trying to do is to enlighten people with regards to what they're actually eating!



You also have to remember that the more physically active you are, the more food you鈥檒l need.



Overall, focus on eating from all the food groups. Try to eat 6 nutritionally balanced, portioned meals a day and you'll be fine :)


Hi There

Losing weight can be a challenge , but it is a worthwhile endeavor



I needed to lose some weight too for health reasons and I began searching on the Internet. I came across http://healthcrib.com/Weight-Loss/ . They recommended a few products in their weight loss section and I ended up getting the first one. I had my doctor look at the product and he said that it looked pretty healthy and he approved. Since then I have lost about 75 pounds. My blood pressure is down, I sleep better, and I don't crave alot of that junk food I used to eat. I really recommend it.



God Bless Balanced diet amounts?
Yeah exactly.



Try not to think too much in terms of calories and more in terms of is this food healthy. Its very simple, but most people don't have the will power to stay away from the sweet stuff.
I must admit I do take weight loss pills, and so far the results are rewarding...but of course, losing weight takes a lot of personal discipline too....Balanced diet amounts?
????

No comments:

Post a Comment