Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Am I bulking up too fast? I weighed 143.6 one week ago, and now I weigh 150 today!?

Here's the deal:



I am about 5"6 and before I started bulking about 3 weeks ago I weighed a solid 140ish. I gained a few pounds from the holidays (no regrets there) and when I weighed myself January 2nd I was 143.6.



I weighed myself this morning exactly one week later and now I'm at 150! I lift about 4 times a week hard and heavy with only compound (best for overall muscle building) and am getting into Olympic lifts such as cleans and jerks. I do about 40-45 minutes of 8 min/mile on my off days, so about 2-3 times a week.



I am currently working in Bulgaria in a small town. Needless to say, my nutritional choices are limited, but I am bulking as clean as possible with a diet heavy in beans, nuts, whole grain breads, some cheeses (preferably low fat), whey powders sent from home in the US, eggs, milk, yogurt, and meat daily. I reckon my protein intake is at least 130 - 140 grams a day, my carbs more than twice that, and my fat intake probably around 100 grams a day. They are all healthy fats though from the nuts and sunflower oil for cooking. If I had to estimate my calories, it would be well above 3000, perhaps even above 3500.



I've only gained a bit of lower abdominal fat and my face feels a bit heavier, but I think that is from paranoia more than anything. BUT I've been making gains in the weight room from workout to workout, each time. 6.4 lbs in a week (I weigh myself in the morning after bathroom) is a lot. Should I be concerned about excess fat gain? I know it's inevitable, but I do want to keep making gains and I'm going to cut as hard as I'm bulking now, diet and training-wise. I am using the mirror as a judge more than anything... but I'm gaining really fast and am wondering if it is just a result of my body type/reaction.



If I hit 160+ I am going to start a maintenance period for a week or 2, then start cutting hard. I know this is difficult to comment on without pictures or more detail, but like I said I only noticed a little bit of ab fat, but definitely feel much stronger overall. Thanks in advance!Am I bulking up too fast? I weighed 143.6 one week ago, and now I weigh 150 today!?
Whoa. Slow down there Bulky McBulkerson. Your body can go into liver shock if you bulk up too quick.
OH ****, HURRY UP EAT A SALADAm I bulking up too fast? I weighed 143.6 one week ago, and now I weigh 150 today!?
exactly what she said, ur liver can go into shock, stop taking whey powder....its really not healthy to gain that fast. What are you trying to gain that fast for anyways..lol slow down. really.
Did you know that additional weight is not always thanks to additional body fat? There can be a lot of extra weight basically sitting around in your colon. The latest diet supplement can flush out your colon and help you to lose as much as 20 pounds, frequently from your waistline (show me a person who doesn't wish to lose some pounds from their waistline LOL!!). There's a risk free trial on offer at http://herebits.zanity.net I have been using it for 2 weeks now and it is definitely working!!Am I bulking up too fast? I weighed 143.6 one week ago, and now I weigh 150 today!?
nothing to worry about, u sound like ur just getting bomb *** results from ur hard work and correct diet. christain bale supposedly gained 60 lbs in 6-7 weeks from The Machinist to Batman Begins.



http://www.christianitytoday.com/movies/鈥?/a>



http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2004_The鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment