Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What can I do to speed up my metabolism?

Trying to lose weight [8-10lbs] and want to make sure my metabolism keeps going as fast as possible as I am going to be operating on a fairly high deficit, etc

I noticed the past amount of weight I lost a couple of months ago, which I had hoped was 10lbs calculated from daily deficits, was not nearly so high and was more like 5lbs tops. I understand I could have over-counted exercise and under-counted meals but my reckoning is my metabolism slowed down [deficit = average of 900 a day]



So how can I stop this happening?

I walk [1 hour] daily, try to do 30mins gentle stretching every few days and swim once weekly [approx 30mins?]

I eat 1200 calories a day.

Thanks!!What can I do to speed up my metabolism?
couple things.

depending on your gender, height, and weight you may need more calories for your daily intake.

try adding more cardio-intensive activities more often during the week.



lastly, the KEY to having a HIGH metabolism is portion control and spreading out your meals. Eat 5 smaller portion sized meals a day instead of 3 bigger meals daily. starving yourself and similar means will actually decrease your metabolism.What can I do to speed up my metabolism?
this is a very common question! You have to get 8-10 hours of sleep, eat till you are 80%26amp; full, eat 4 meals a day, no snacks! just water and green tea. nothing in fast food restaurants. not even a salad. you might as well get a burger if ur going to get a salad. eat healthy foods with everyone of the food goups in it. Grains,fruits,vegetable,dairy, and protien. That will speed up ur metabolism. Happy Holidays. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment